New look, New direction
When I started Soda and Telepaths it was quite short sighted. I knew I wanted to do two things:
- Write articles covering Comics
- Write articles covering Culture
Ergo the mission statement; covering Comics & Culture from the 90s until now.
What I didnt expect was to get to 30+ articles and to see a change in direction on the immediate horizon. As an outlet, Soda and Telepaths has been a means to get my thoughts on new releases of anything pop culture related in all its forms out to read. The reality is, holding down a day job, family life and updating a blog on every nerdy aspect that is ever released – its too much of a job for just person. Realising this, I’ve been doing a bit of soul searching.
Just how can I set out to put out regular news and reviews on every nerd aspect that is near and dear?
From now on I will be putting out articles in the following fashion.
Bullet points! Do your thing:
- One new comic review every 2 days. New comic reviews will not be coming out as rarely or as sporadically as before. I will be, henceforth, committing to publish a new comic review every 2 days.
- I will no longer be doing any movie reviews. Fact is, movies don’t do it for me like the content coming out from today’s TV shows do. When you look at what is happening in today’s television there is plenty of shows for me to surround myself and report on. Creator and show runner names that come to mind like Matt Nix, Cheo Coker, Jeph Loeb, and Greg Berlanti. We’re in a second golden age of television. The heroes are no longer cowboys and the bad guys are no longer american natives. The lines are blurred and this gives me, an aspiring professional writer, so much to report on. So much content is out there. You would need three lifetimes just to cover it all. To be clear; I just don’t have time to add movie reviews onto my plate.
- A podcast is coming. Yes, a podcast from me is coming. I can’t tell you when. All I can tell you is – soon.
- New writers. I am now entertaining an idea of new contributors coming on board. This is something I’ve never done before and will be volunteer to begin with. You must have a strong command of the english language, self motivated and pro-active. If this is you then send me an email and let’s talk: email@example.com
- Bonus content. I’m in the early stages of putting together what will eventually be original content. All I can tell you right now is it will come under the Soda and Telepaths branding and that it will be be optional to subscribe to.
Meanwhile, I’d just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to those who read or talk about Soda and Telepaths, The internet is littered with these things called blog and to think I’ve started to form a meager fanbase is a miracle in itself. Thank you for being awesome.
Editor & Writer. When not immersed in questionable 90s pop culture I can be found covering News and Reviews. Convinced 4/4 time signatures were invented by the devil.